Old 04-24-2013, 12:04 AM
Sucia

hi sikes,

i got the starter kit from Weir Dolls and Crafts in the wool fibers section. they have several choices. i got the set with two fifteen color sets of the ecofelt wool roving. i really liked the colors for the projects that i wanted to make. corriedale wool seems to be the leading choice among needle felters and that is another choice. later, if you decide it's fun,then you can buy individual colors. the kit includes a medium sized foam square upon which to do the felting to protect your fingers from being poked; two sets of colored wool roving to put final colors and details on your project; 1/4 pound of wool core batting to make the forms for your project because undyed wool costs much less tham dyed roving; five needles in different sizes for different uses; and basic directions.

i found out about dry needlefelting on pinterest.com. there were many examples of finished work and lots of great tutorials to show you how to do it. i didn't have to spend lots of time trying to figure out how to do it on my own . i really hope to go online to pinterest and do a search on needlefelting for the great resources.

hope you try it and enjoy it as much as i am.

love,

Originally Posted by sikesjj View Post
Where did you get the starter kit? Do you have any links to tutorials? You have me very curious now! Like I need another hobby!!!!!!!!

QUOTE=Blue Cat;6019703]thank you everyone for the nice compliments on hav4boys' bluebird pincushion. i joined pinterest and found lots of tutorials and supply sites. it looked so intriguing that i bought a sampler set and tried my first piece - this bluebird. wow, you just poke a barbed needle into a wad of wool batting or wool roving. use your hands to help shape it and the needle to felt it. now i've made 4 pieces and i just started the fifth. i have enough knowledge already to start more difficult pieces. it is so easy and fun. don't be intimidated if you think you'd like to try.
[/QUOTE]