View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 04:28 AM
mom-6

I'm like you in wondering if I would actually use little girl fabric since my family runs very much to boys. Like one girl or possibly two per generation. And I'm not an "I love pink" person and neither is my daughter or most of her friends. But my SIL is a great lover of pink (even had her Jeep painted pink). And then all of a sudden friends started having little girls and either the mom or the little girl wanted pink. So now I'm glad I didn't totally ignore those cute girly fabrics and wish I had gotten more because now I'm doing a lot of shopping my stash as there's not a convenient neighborhood fabric shop close by. Plus I'm finding that I'm making more and more quilts for people who have been having surgery or injuries or just going through a hard time. Some of those "need" that lovely fabric I bought just because it was gorgeous. Right now I'm hoping I have enough of my focus fabric for recutting the pieces I cut too small for the quilt I'm making for a friend's daughter who was injured in the fertilizer plant explosion.