Old 04-24-2013, 06:38 AM
berryberry

My favorite quilt store has quilts in the window showing off the new fabric lines. You walk in and the new release fabric groupings are there along with new sample projects with their patterns. It's like here's the new fabrics, some new projects you can use the fabric on and here's the pattern to. On the sample, on the corner, is listed the date and time of the next class for the project. Quilts and samples are displayed above the bolts. As you move back into the shop, you have the cotton fabrics by color, you have batiks by color, and 1930's by color. You get to the thread. Then you get to the pre packaged and gadgets. Those each have the sample project or at the very least a picture of a customer with the finished sample she made in class at the shop. This is where you see the dolls, bowls, vests, skirts, bags, aprons, potholders and mug rugs displayed along with packaged pillow case kits. BOM is displayed as each block is added. Next is the sale items. Further back is where you have classes. Design boards along the walls and tables for laying out the sandwich are available free of charge anytime as long as a class isn't going on. Staff are pleasant and helpful. There's always at least 3 or 4 and they are with customers or doing things. It's not chatting with each other so to ask them a question is to interrupt their conversation. They greet you when you come in and ask if there's anything in particular you are looking for that they may help you with. They let you look at the new fabrics for a few moments and then come over with some new samples and or gadgets they have behind the counter just for that purpose. They always ask me what I'm working on. As I pick out bolts, when I have 2 or more they ask would I like them to take them to the counter. If not, they go get the small grocery type basket from somewhere in the back so I don't have to carry multiple bolts.
I never get out the door without seeing something new and spending money.

Last edited by berryberry; 04-24-2013 at 06:41 AM.