Old 04-24-2013, 08:26 AM
jrhboxers

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I like shops that are clean and bright. . . . Employees and owner that keep up with what is new in quilting. If I ask for a Steady Betty, Quilter's Slide Loc, or a Halo, I don't want the lady you are crazy look. I'll walk out in a heartbeat and order online.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ DITTO for me ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I think my biggest compliant is having the racks of fabric TOOOOO close together. Not enough room to really even bend over and look at bolts on the bottom shelf. And you just PRAY that someone else is not in the same row because you can't pass each other. And having a little more to me, it just is not comfortable to move around.

Oh, and some place to put the fabrics that you have pulled so you don't have to carry around all of the bolts. A quilt shop that I go too fairly regularly although it is not LOCAL has two tables in the center that is used for classes. When there are no classes, you can set your bolts down, and there are table tents which are color-coordinated with a card to pin to your clothes. If anyone see something in your stack, they can find you and ask if they can have some too.
GREAT IDEA!!!!!!

They also have a table at the front window where there are items on display under it. You can take your fabrics and see them in full sunlight.