View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 09:33 AM
Reel Life

Red face Hi from new mom Southeast US

Hey everyone! I'm new to the Quilting Board and a new mama to one sweetheart of a baby, my 8 month old, Violet. I'm in what may be the best time of motherhood (other than Grandmotherhood of course!) - she's not crawling/running around all over the place and we're not having to worry about discipline yet, praise God! And bless her heart, I still haven't finished the wall hanging I started working on two years before the poor child was even born. Oh well. I've been quilting since college, thanks to my mom. I've done maybe 15(?) quilts...more than a dozen, probably less than two dozen anyway. I'm trying to push myself out of my quilting comfort zone. The wall-hanging for the nursery is my very first hand-pieced and/or hand-quilted project! I love it, but if I was going to price on it (which I certainly am not!) I'd charge maybe 4 grand based on the number of hours I've spent on this thing, and that's not even charging minimum wage ! Y'all could probably whip this baby up in no time, though, it isn't really that complicated--I'm just slow! I love to see how much progress I'm making as a quilter as I work. I'm hoping that whoever sees this little quilt in times to come is merciful about all the mistakes, and knows that every stitch was done with love--and prayers for a child/children to fill that tiny nursery. Praise God for answering those prayers! All the years that I've been quilting I've stuck to very simple designs, and it helps that simple designs are often my favorites. But I've been trying to branch out by just starting a tiny bit of free-motion quilting (I had been stitching in the ditch) and doing harder patterns, like a block of the month club quilt that I've been working on for a while (set aside for now).
Anyway, all that is a long-winded way to say hi, and thank you so much for having me! I know I will learn so much from the experienced folks at the quilting board!
Attached Thumbnails photo-37.jpg   photo-32.jpg