Thread: The truth.
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 01:13 PM
valleyquiltermo

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
One time my husband said " I thought you were going to clean house. My reply was " I cleaned my mess the rest is yours so have at it." Same went for the time he installed my dishwasher. I was working long hours in the salon as an assistant (tired of behind the chair and cranky clients). Hands were in the water and chemicals a lot. Then to go home and wash dishes. So they sat there in the sink a couple days. He did not go without eating during this time period. He says those dishes aren't going to get cleaned by themselves. Wrong thing to say to me! I told him he helped dirty those dishes and if they he didn't do something about them, he could cram 'em. That was a Friday night and they still sat there (mainly out of spite but he had to open his mouth). That next day late in afternoon home from work, I walk in and he's finishing the installation of a dishwasher. He said he thought about what I said and remembered there were butcher knives in the sink and thought that would be a most unpleasant feeling. he never says anything close to housework at all anymore. He did mention one time as I was mowing the yard that I wasn't doing it right. I stopped and left the $400.00 mower sit in the front yard came in the house sat down. Told him to finish it his way. Haven't touched the yard since. They just keep on learning.
Yes they do seem to learn the hard way don't they. This so reminded me of my hubby and I. I just love it when they open their mouths and we stick our foot in it, LOL