Old 04-24-2013, 06:25 PM
QuiltingByCourtney

Default InkJet printed quilt labels..how do they hold up?

I have this neat idea for a label for a quilt I made for my husband. Its very special and its for him when he has to go away on trainings as he is in the military. It will be a picture of us as we were holding hands walking down a park path and on the center of the photo is the words of our wedding vows...the picture is in black and white... I have seen on youtube how you can print on fabric...does anyone know how well the ink stays on after washes or will this all fade after a year and look like trash? They say once the ink sets it is permanent, but I assume it will fade after time, I wonder how fast it will fade, like a year or two?
I want to have the picture & writing be the center part of the block....this label/finished block will go onto the backing of the quilt on the top and center, so every time he covers up he can read our wedding vow & a little love note from me...Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks much! I have never done this before so it will be a new thing for me to try it.
Attached Thumbnails cluster.gif  

Last edited by QuiltingByCourtney; 04-24-2013 at 06:33 PM.