View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 07:43 PM
JanTx

Default Baby Quilt NOW! :)

My daughter called to tell me that dear friends of theirs became parents unexpectedly today - a 6 month old baby boy was placed with them for adoption. They've been on the list a LONG time, but had no idea their names had arrived at the top of the list.

So Mom - what ya got? I was able to send her phone photos of 4 baby boy quilts I have on hand. She choose the one she wanted. Now just to get it to her before Sunday's baby shower. These are much-loved 30-somethings. The new mom's father is a minister of a rather large church. They will have oodles of baby gifts. But none will be exactly like the lovely little quilt that will hopefully become part of their lives with this new little one. I LOVE THIS!

Sidenote: my daughter is herself an adopted child - who arrived unexpectly - we had been told it could be up to 2 years of waiting and 5 weeks later she arrived. I so remember the excitement, the joy, the ... fear! Happy days.

In the following link the quilt in the center - with striped minky on the back - will be making its way to this little family.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t202617.html