Old 04-25-2013, 04:55 AM
gardnergal970

Good news for QNS. Thanks fir the tea and cookies!
Praying Jeanie gets a similar report next week and that everything can be dried out.
All the spring flowers are so pretty. They are lasting so much longer this spring since it's so cool here. We're starting to see green leaves on the trees although it will be another week or two before the canopy is full.
Mirabelle...take the disbelief as a compliment. Those poor ladies are comparing what you do on your DSM to a LA! They are limiting themselves by their attitude and always paying someone else to finish their quilts. I'm assuming they piece, right?
carrie...you BB quilt really turned out great. I like the way that you varied the stitching too.
DD...way to go with the machine. It pays to be handy with tools in the toolbox.
Anael...such a precious picture. You would never know how tiny Isa once was. Thanks for posting.
QuiltE....have fun with your new machine. Reason and emotion mixed and I did come home yesterday with the 8200. It's bigger than the hole for my sewing table so it's currently setting on top but it doesn't affect how it sews. It's so quiet and with the accufeed foot on, keeping a straight seam is so easy. What actually sold me was when she put on the FMQ foot and I could make reasonably round loops. Mine will never be as nice as Mirabelle's but I will no longer hesitate to work with it more. Carrie I have a couple feet that didn't come with my machine that I would like to give you. The FMQ bobbin holder, the quarter inch foot, the FMQ foot and I also have a single hole plate but I don't know if it fits the 6600. Check with your dealer about it and let me know. Today I really should work outside but I know it won't keep me from a little stitching. Tomorrow a few of us from class are going to Arthur, IL for a quilt show. It's in Amish country so their will be many interesting things to see besides quilts!