View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 07:22 AM
littlebitoheaven

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
The only mail that comes to my physical address is junk or something that needs to be shipped and I know I will be home at the time. I pay online. All monies coming to me are automatic deposit. I use my debit/credit at the pump and I only go to certain stations for gas. I had one problem with a credit card when I had to take a item of clothing to a dry cleaner. I knew owner. I had paid with my credit card and noticed all the numbers showed on my receipt. I didn't move and it was near closing time. 3 people behind me. I called the owner and told him of the situation. he told the cashier to void the sale. I told him to get his behind down to the store. Cashier and everyone else were not happy. Others came back next day or whatever. Owner came down to the shop reluctantly, but I told him if he didn't I was calling the police. Cashier said if I didn't leave she was calling the police. The very same cashier had changed the settings while she was on duty and they found she made copies of the receipts that showed the acct. numbers. She was arrested. Always check your receipt. If you see your complete acct. number on the receipt call the mgr. make them void the sale and change the settings on their computer/registers. If they refuse, call the police and don't be afraid to press charges. Also tell them you want the receipt that has the acct numbers on it.
Tessagin! This is such great advice. I had my credit card compromised at my LQS in Siren, WI a couple of months ago. How do I know which shop it was? It was the only shop that I used my card. The perpetrators ordered $640.00 worth of clothing from Overstock.com. It happened on a Friday. I just happened to check my balance that late afternoon (clever day as most businesses are closed). I e-mailed Overstock of the transaction and they immediately canceled the order. Clothes were being sent to Grantsburg, WI (population 1,000). I was also able to cancel my card number (24 hours service).

I have never checked my receipt from that business, but will do so from now on. Will not ever use my card at this LQS again. I did notify the store. No response!

Thanks again. We can never be too careful.