View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 09:06 AM
Needles

LINGUINE SALAD

1 box linguine, cooked and drained
1 lg. bottle Italian Salad Dressing (Zesty if you like)
Assorted Vegetables, chopped/diced
(celery, sweet onion, yellow squash, tomatoes, carrots, red onions, cauliflower, broccoli, peppers, cucumber, zucchini, mushrooms, even some cheese like Swiss, provolone, cheddar, whatever you like)

Put cooked pasta in a large bowl with lid and start chopping. After preparing what you want, pour Italian dressing over all. Mix well, cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours for flavors to meld. This can be made with few or lots of vegetables and as much as you want. This becomes your salad specialty.

My uncle has since passed, but he was highly alergic to raw tomatoes (caused hives in his esophagus), so the chopped tomatoes were served on the side in another bowl for those who wanted to add them to their salad.
And this did turn out to be a deli salad. I took it to an office party, one of my coworker's husband owned a small
meat market. Of course he had fresh salads to go. She loved this salad and asked if I would mind he sold it in
the market. I gave her the two main ingredients and she picked how her own salad would be prepared. Every night
she made fresh salad for him to take in with him in the morning. Did this for many years she did this.