Thread: Exciting News!
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 09:48 AM
azwendyg

Default Exciting News!

I am so excited--I got this email yesterday:
Dear Wendy,
Thank you for your recent submission to Four Corners Quilt Exhibition at the Coconino Center for the Arts. Of the 136 entries, only 28% were selected. I am pleased to inform you that your work, “White on White” was chosen for inclusion in the exhibition. Please take a few moments to review the information below as it pertains to important exhibition details....

The "Four Corners Quilt Exhibition" is a study of how quilters choose to manipulate historic as well as modern techniques for a contemporary audience. It is open to artists from Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah.

I submitted 3 entries and this is the one that was jurored into the show. I designed and quilted this 42" x 56" white wholecloth quilt on my DSM (Juki TL98Q) a couple of years ago
with inspiration from a book and video by Karen McTavish. The quilt top and backing are bleached muslin and the batting is a medium loft poly.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]409988[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]409989[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]409990[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails whiteonwhite-full1-web.jpg   whiteonwhite-detail1web.jpg   whiteonwhite-detail2-web.jpg  

Last edited by azwendyg; 04-25-2013 at 09:53 AM.