Thread: Old Singer...
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 06:34 AM
Lostn51
Banned

Yes your machine has the Horizontal Osculating hook. The motion of the hook is forward 180 degrees (half a circle), then it goes back to the starting point in the other direction.

I do not know the difference, yet, and perhaps will pm you with some questions and photos..
Let me say this, I am far from an expert on vintage machines but what I have learned about them is from ongoing research, hours of studying manuals, and lots of hands on experience. I have never been the type that steers away from anything mechanical and I will gut a machine completely and put it back together without thinking twice!

Fortunately I have a friend Les who lives down under in Melbourne, that is a third generation sewing machine repairman. Sewing machine repair is second nature for him just like breathing. Needless to say he is my go to guy when I run into anything that stumps me. Especially when it comes to the machines in the late 60's and the 70's.

But feel free to ask any questions and hopefully I will have the answers for you.

Billy