Old 04-25-2013, 01:51 PM
JBeamer

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
BIG ant infestations here on the farm every year. This year early on I tried CINNAMON! Sprinkled in all the windows, under the sinks, along floor boards in less than conspicuous places, behind the toilet, at the door jams.....so far it's working amazingly well, smells nice, and isn't a chemical. Bought the cheapest jar of ground cinnamon I could find; the ants don't have snooty tastes.

Jan in VA
I tried this method last year when I was viisting in MO. It really worked well. I used it on those normal sized ants; what my Mom called piss ants.
P.S. If you have fire ants here's a non-poison type method - You need to work fairly fast to avoid getting bit. Use a small sharp pointed shovel and take a shovelful of one mound of ants and place it on the mound of another ant mound; take a shovelful from that mound and place it in another mound or even on the first mound. You ideally have 3 or more mounds to work on. The reason it works is because fire ants are very territorial and go to "war" if an ant from anothr mound gets in their mound. It will take longer than poisons but at least it's good for the environment. (As long as you're not the ants).

Last edited by JBeamer; 04-25-2013 at 02:01 PM.