View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 03:38 AM
sew_Tracy

Location: Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters

Let me clarify. This was quilted on my domestic. The hand sewing was in sewing the sashing together at the back.

Learning experiences/notes to self:
1. Square up dummy! Don't be a lazy bones as you will wind up doing more work in the I'll make it up later category.
2. As above. The main mistakes are in the little between the sashing blocks. They don't line up in many places secondary to the fact that I did not match-up my blocks. They may appear even, but flip that baby over and try and sew the back half and find them all over the place!
3. Forget about using glue in a lot of instances. The glue, even when dried, is gummy and created a lot of tension problems when quilting on my domestic and hand sewing a glued and ironed piece is rough!
4. Cut accurate and sew accurate you lazy, lazy woman! In some spots while sewing in the sashing, I missed spots and had to go back in and hand "mend." I lined the white sections with another layer of white and sometimes didn't see that the block was not entirely inside the sewing line.

I am always so excited to get projects done that I tend to take shortcuts and don't pay enough attention to detail.

Thank you all for your kind remarks!