Thread: Second Machine
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 09:11 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

I'm in sewing machine recovery (LOL) - as I had 7 sewing machines before we moved to an apt. I had only purchased 2 or 3, the rest were given to me. I moved with 2 machines, my Janome 4000 and an older Brother, which was my backup with the Janome was in for service. I also acquired a Kenmore my friend had picked up at the local incinerator-dump where people drop off things too good to trash and people can take what they want. I just discovered that there is something wrong with it and will need to take it in for service, as neither one of us checked it to see how it worked. Oh well, hind sight is 20/20. Last week she told me that she had picked up a Janome at the same place, but we need to get together so she can give it to me. I'm sure my DH will have a fit, but I don't care. If the Janome works well, I may just try to sell or give away the Kenmore, although it has about all the same bells and whistles as my Janome. Hey, quilting is my only obsession/vice - my husband has 3 computer systems. All's fair - right?