Old 04-26-2013, 10:21 AM
ArchaicArcane

Joe - Put a piece of velcro on the bottom of the foot, cut a piece of wood to size, put the other part of the velcro on that, and stick the two together. Maybe a little felt on the bottom to save the floor. Velcro lets you move one board from pedal to pedal.

Stitch124 - Hot is "ok", obviously not desirable, unplug it and let it cool then it will be fine to use but if it ever starts making popping sounds, unplug it immediately and don't use it until it's properly repaired.

It means the pedal is adjusted wrong and it may start a fire. I've had 3 now that have done it. The first one was before I started seriously working on machines. Scared the beans out of me. The second was about 3 weeks ago, on a featherweight I went to look at. The machine started humming as soon as it was plugged in, and after a few seconds, started sewing by itself. Within about 2 minutes, it was popping and fizzing. Yes, I brought the poor lady home. The last one was this week. I took it completely apart, cleaned every carbon disk, and reassembled. It's a nice "mildly warm" running pedal now.