Old 04-26-2013, 01:05 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tenngal View Post
Do we know which ones are Good machines and which ones aren't? I see old ones all the time, but am afraid to buy.
There is no way of knowing if one is good or not until you mess with it awhile. I have seen good ones and I have seen some that looked good but I wouldn't want to spend much time sewing with them - then again they might work great for a project I don't want to mess up a good machine. I have seen that the old White, Kenmore, JC Penny, Montgomery Wards, Brother, some made by Janome, Riccar and others I can't think of are good. Then again don't spend a whole lot and don't expect a whole lot. I have some around I probably won't sell because I don't like them and nobody else should have to use them.... I have some that I do like but then you might love the ones I don't and I might love the ones you hate. No accounting for tastes. And I guess it makes a difference what you use it for. I think I like the ones that the needle will center - then I have had a couple that didn't center but I liked them anyway. Maybe it depends on mood? The certainly are cool looking.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-11-2019 at 08:17 AM.