View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 02:24 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

i've always pre-washed the fabric---to remove sizing/chemicals/oils/soil first...with detergent- no fabric softener- then press it (steam's ok- no starch or sizing-you just removed all that) then treat it- following the instructions on the product (i've used bubble jet set-but have had better luck with soda ash)
did you by chance purchase new ink since the last time you did it (when it worked)? not all inks are created equal- refill's, off-brand cartridges do not tend to work well- the inks are made to wash out-
i always make sure i get the expensive HP permenent ink cartridges- then i let the pictures sit for at least 24 hours to *cure* allow the ink to saturate the fibers- then i heat set & rinse in cold water...i've never had any luck with the expensive pre-made packaged printer fabric sheets- they are made for wall hangings= projects that won't be washed- and they still fade in a fairly short period of time- so i always make my own- i generally use a bleached muslin- but have used other fabrics-even prints for some labels