View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 04:19 AM
WTxRed

[QUOTE=Plumtree;6028375]I selected my own but I wanted an only shades of purple in mine except for the black. It is extremely daunting and expensive--I am making king size. It took me 5 quilt stores and a few very long drives to aquire as many as I did. Fabric Fanatics looks like good place for batiks so is Batiks Plus but I have not purchased anything from them. Are you taking a class or tackling it on your own? How big will you be making your? Good Luck and I can't wait to see your progress :-)[/QUOTE

I think I'm going to be in the same dilema - I want, or rather don't want, some colors predominant. I'm making a 7x8 (92x104). No class, live too far away from anywhere lol. I just got my pattern but have another big quilt to finish up before I get "started" on it.

I have talked to Cookie at Batiks Plus about their 'fabric kits', I've also checked a couple of other online shops that carry fabric kits for various sizes.
I have thought about going ahead and getting 5 or 6 different bali pops and then taking out the colors I don't want to include. I think that's going to give me enough for the arcs. I feel pretty sure my LQS will have batiks I can use for the background... and hopefully the stars.

Would you please post a pic of your fabrics and any construction you have done? I'd love to see it!

And thanks so much for your input!

Jan