Thread: Appreciation
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 07:25 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

not everyone likes quilts- plain & simple- just because we love them does not mean everyone we know shares our interest. some people prefer big-fluffy-puffy comforters...some like knitted throws...everyone is different & there is no reason to feel slighted- or hurt when you do not get the reaction you expected when giving a quilt- sometimes people even look at them and ask...why would she give me this??? they may keep it, may use it, may pack it away, may give it away...once you give it- don't ask, don't wonder, don't worry over it- and certainly don't be upset over it- you hurt no one buy yourself. i gave a quilt a few years ago that has been (re-gifted) at least 6 times- maybe more- at one point i wondered---wow- what is so wrong with that quilt that no one wants it? but that is not the case at all- a reason was explained to me by i think #4 recipient...and it's kind of cool that it keeps going around & around...
you just never know-
but never assume that everyone you know will have the same feelings about anything that you have...we are all different-with our own tastes.