View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 02:28 PM
clsurz

I have the Singer Futura SES 2000 which I have however yesterday I went out and bought the Brother Quatto 2 6700D which is top of the line. I was looking at lesser cost machines but they all lacked one or more things I wanted it to do and found while researching that the Quattro 2 absolutely has all I was looking for and than some. It will arrive here by end of next week.

I am however still keeping my SES 2000 and will give it to my almost 11 year old grand daughter. She will have to though come here for a couple years to use it cause I simply do not trust her family and there taking it away from her and giving it to someone in her mothers family or selling it from under her. They have been known to do that over the years when I have given the kids computers, DS, and more and I'm not about to allow this to happen. She really wants this machine just like the iPad I have here that she uses when she comes over. Its sad when you can't as a kid even trust your family to take what is yours and selling it or giving it to someone else.

I started taking embroidery classes this last month to learn about the different fabrics, stabilizers, threads and needles used for various projects like doing cutwork, lace embroidery and more. I never knew there was so much to learn regarding using these materials. All I had ever seen around here were folks just hooping a piece of fabric and stitching and taking these classes I see why most of them have there pieces puckered up or worst.

My SES broke a needle today and realized the reason it did was where you put the needle that piece was loose and fell out so now I have to play with it this week to get that silly thing back on.

Had a class today and the teacher was good enough to let me use her Brother machine which is the Noviis 7000d I think it was. Actually I'm glad my machine did what it did cause it gave me a chance to play with a totally computerized machine and boy was it fun and like night and day from my SES. I still like my SES though and I still plan to use it for auto punch, cross-stitching, and photostitching once I put that piece back on and of course will use it until my Brother comes in next week.

Today we learned to do cutwork and lace work using various materials. I will upload photos of it later on. Will have to take pictures of it.