Old 04-27-2013, 05:08 PM
hopetoquilt

Default This is pointless...(cut off a few points) but still pretty cool

So I chopped off a few points... Love storm at sea. I originally was going to have the fabrics in the reversed position but I cut wrong. Story of my life.

my son has muscular dystrophy and this quilt is headed to the LAQ and then will be gifted to the physical therapist who sees him now at his elementary school and will hopefully follow him from kindergarten through eighth grade. She is awesome. Beyond awesome. I chose the storm at sea quilt based on a quote that I read here. One of the members had written at the bottom by her signature "life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's learning to dance in the rain". I repeated that quote a lot when jack was first diagnosed and I was overwhelmed with sadness. Now every day is beautiful, rain or no rain.

I will also attach pictures of the disappearing 4 patch (for the occupational therapist) and batik sampler (for the kindergarten teacher. These people have given my son the best education/services/kindergarten experiences imaginable. Took me 6 months just to pick the patterns for them and another 2-3 months to make them. The sampler is from the batik block exchange I did last year and a lot of my own blocks thrown in. Jack is in the last picture.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Last edited by hopetoquilt; 04-27-2013 at 05:10 PM.