View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 04:43 AM
NikkiLu

I am also back - had a wonderful time in Paducah - stayed with our daughter. She works for the Paducah Sun and said that last year they had 30,000 paid admissions to the Quilt Show itself and that this year they were expecting more than that. Everywhere that we went (in 3 days) the crowds were much bigger than the past two years, despite the rain on Friday. And I was totally wrong on my previous opinion of Hancocks of Paducah - I had said on here that they never have sales (especially during Quilt Week) but that was not the case this year - they had orange tags on about 1/4 of their bolts of fabric - ON SALE. Then in their back room they had TABLES full of flat fold fabrics, started out at about $6.99 and then went down to $3.99 on Friday. It took me two tries (2 different days) at Hancocks to see it all - absolutely could not get down the rows with a cart - had to carry my bolts around and wound up straining a muscle in my chest - then stubbed my toe on someones walker/cart at the Quilt Show and that really hurt/slowed me down. The winning quilt (sorry, no pictures) took the maker 6 years to make - a Mexican Fiesta sort of theme - bright colors - but the back of the quilt was stunning also - machine quilted in bright colors - fabulous! Even my DH paid his money to get in the show and walk around with us and griped the whole time about the quilts - said that they were more like pictures painted with cloth and not quilts like his Mom would have made and made to be used on a bed.