View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 06:05 AM
DustysMomma

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
I have been pretty good about not buying fabric, but needed some for a project I am working on. Instead of buying just what I needed I went overboard. bought way more than I need at this time. UGH. it was all on sale does that count. I need some lighter colored batiks for a project, all I have in my stash is mediums to dark batiks.
If I had a batiks only store that close to me, I think they'd have to sell me stock in the place! I always buy more than I need for a project. I never know when I might want to add a little something to the project, or I'm scared I might make a mistake either in cutting or piecing that is so bad I want to start over. Working with FQ's I can't replace for the batik blocks swap I'm doing is a little nerve-wracking for me.

My problem when I went to Joann's yesterday was I was going to get 2 yards of fusible flannel and had to wait in this long line for the cutting table. I said well, I'll go look & see what they have in bug fabrics in case I find something to coordinate with one I have that I didn't have much of. I came back with it, a coordinating fabric to a puppy fabric I have a remnant of that I bought a yr ago, and 4 that were on sale that I'd been looking for an excuse to buy. I took the end of bolt 2+ yards on 2 of them & 2 yards each of the rest. Yep, even with my 25% off your total purchase coupon I earned last weekend, I still spent $100. So, I say that's it, I'm officially back on the wagon! Needing some stuff for projects is what started this, then I found out last week was Joann's huge twice a yr sale & I've been off the wagon ever since. Well, I'm officially back on it. Whip me with a wet noodle if I stash buy again for a while!