Old 04-28-2013, 06:35 AM
fayzer

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
I make small handmade items in spurts, and try to make a variety of colours so I often will send something handmade and match the colour to the recipient. The idea is to send things that you feel the recipient would like according to what she's written on the questionnaire. I can rarely send the "one thing" a person wants due to cost but really try to match other things specifically to my SP. Also a personal note is really nice.
You know, I don't really expect anyone to buy the one thing I really want. It has happened that my partner has bought that special item several swaps. Sometimes I write down things I intend to buy for myself but just haven't had the money for yet. Sometimes the thing you want is something your partner has in her stash and has already used and passed along to you. I remember getting a special piece FQ of Prince Charming and my last partner bought me a mechanical pencil I wanted and needed. I have had other items bought but they slip my mind at the moment. They were so sweet to do that. I had intended to buy the pencil the next time I went to JoAnn's. Those handmade items you are making are a premium item in my book. I agree about the personal note.