View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 11:04 AM
icul8rg8r

Default Hello from Puget Sound, WA!

Hi - I've been "prowling" for a while and thought it was about time to introduce myself! I'm Cindy from Puget Sound area of WA State. I'm new to quilting and sewing. My 9 y.o. daughter asked for a sewing machine for Christmas last year and while shopping for her, I found myself wanting one!

I'm the proud owner of a Pfaff Ambition 1.0 (and my daughter received a decent Brother CS6000i). My daughter and I have really bonded over our new hobby. We've taken the free machine usage classes at our local dealer where we purchased my Pfaff, as well as some intro sewing and beginning quilting classes.

I've quickly become addicted to fabric, sewing/quilting tools & gadgets, and quilting books - there are so many I want to make! I enjoy learning fast/easy piecing techniques - although everything is still very new to me. My favorite "type" or method I seem to like best is the Quilt-As-You-Go or Fun & Done - I've joined a Cotton Theory club/class this year and am loving it.

Just wanted to stop by and say hi - sure am enjoying the wealth of information on this forum! Thank you!