Old 04-28-2013, 02:02 PM
roguequilter

thanks again miriam! my necchi is japanese - 1981- has been absolute treasure. got, literally, thousands of hours on it and i was the only one to ever use it. ) been sewing since childhood on my grmothers singer treadle, one of the beautiful ornate ones w scroll, raised detail wood work. even as a very small child i recognized it's beauty. saw one almost as ornate on cl while looking for older machine to replace the necchi when it started entering the terminal stages of it's long worklife. gramma made all my play clothes on the fw that i now carry around. every once in a while i get on some sort of kick, and look up details, history of my two loves. i started following this forum when i joined the board a few years ago. never posted tho. so i do appreciate your time in responding to my requests. i will post pics and #'s etc on my necchi and fw soon. i will post pic of new love here too. lol...guess i'm easy, fall hard for old sewing machines, but i sure do love my new-to-me janome 1600p too!! it is very sweet! cl for 300$.