Old 04-28-2013, 03:46 PM
AnnaF

I have two double wedding ring quilts going right now..one is all batiks..love it! No need to starch good quality batiks tho I did prewash and set colors prior to cutting out. Normally I don't prewash at all unless it's in deep blues, reds, burgundy etc. Batiks are great, they do not have a tendency to ravel like regular cottons do. they are more stable on bias edges.
The other DWR is of a Maywood Studio cotton and I am telling you I am starching that fabric to death, so far so good, did not prewash. As soon as I get a couple of rows done I will post a picture. The fabric is floral fusion by Maywood Studio. It's a mix of yellows, black, some drk brown or kahki green. The print graduates to much light tones in two different areas of the width of fabric. I cut melons and centers from the print areas I like the most. The arcs are cut from solid yellow and a sort of ugly military deep green and the rings alternate of course. I do have a picture of a started block on my face book page if you want to take a look. I am usually so traditional with my quilt but this one is a bit edgy for me. Just search for Anne Freeman and you should find the picture.