Old 04-28-2013, 04:49 PM
MadCow333

Default pink Brother straight stitch

[ATTACH=CONFIG]410532[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]410533[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]410534[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]410535[/ATTACH]

NLQuilter, I have a relative of your machine. Pink Brother straight stitch that I have named Verdeen. I like this one because it has the art deco Brother on it that matched the lines of the sewing machine, instead of that scrolly Atlas plate that most of the the pink machines got. Still has not been cleaned. Still needs a belt. Someday, lol.

Note that it also has the attachments box as well as the original pink and gray case. (You can see the lid of the case off to the left.)

I bought it one in Greenville, PA a couple of years ago. I think I paid $20 for it and $30 for a Montgomery Ward free-arm machine that did many stitches. I have a lot of machines, so I ended up giving that Montgomery Ward to a nursing school so that student nurses and x-ray tech students would have a way to mend their scrubs and sew the school's logo patch onto shirts and jackets, lol.

I also have a baby blue Monkey Ward's flatbed machine. It does all kinds of decorative stitches and came with a hoop and instructions for free motion embroidery. I think it has a flat spot in the motor, though. I tried stitching with it a little but the motor has some kind of problem. It's not the belt. It's like something slips in the motor itself. I'll fix it some day. No time right now. I'll try to get a few pics, though. It's a nice-running machine, except for the motor issue.
Attached Thumbnails img_00192.jpg   img_0015.jpg   img_00162.jpg   img_00182.jpg  

Last edited by MadCow333; 04-28-2013 at 04:58 PM.