Old 04-28-2013, 05:10 PM
DustysMomma

Oh how I wish! She told her son to put the quilt in the car, then she got in the suburban and drove over here, lol. She didn't realize until she got here & went to get it out that he'd put it in the wrong vehicle. So, she's supposed to bring it next weekend.

I showed her how lickety split my accuquilt can turn out some 3" batik triangles & sew them into squares, so I'm thinking that this might just be the beginnings of my mug rug. She's too intimidated still though. She says she can't sew a straight line, or cut one, so I showed her the wonders of a rotary cutter too. She said "I gotta get one of those!"

I told her to bring her daughter's quilt with her next weekend & we'd get on the binding. She apparently bought the binding she has and said she doesn't think she has enough, so I'm not sure what she got. We may end up raiding my stash for binding material when she comes back.

I did get one thing finished while she was here. I just had to do 1 more set of stitches for the side runner swap I'm doing, so I got that done. Haven't decided what I'm doing about quilting, so we'll see. I did something earlier that tripped the breaker that controls the power to my sewing room, so fingers crossed it doesn't happen again! It was when Dusty and I were using the new steamer machine to mop the wood floors. OMG, I love it! Why didn't we get one of these 7 years ago?