Old 04-29-2013, 04:29 AM
gardnergal970

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
QNS Sonoma Star looks like Hunters Star to me. Still haven't heard back from the shop re shipping costs, oh well I'm patient
You're probably right if at least not a variation of a Hunter's star. The block was done in 4 different fabric combinations using the 6 fabrics and didn't use sashing. Having just done the Lone Star, I wasn't so attracted to another quilt with a star medallion set up. The Sonoma would really be striking using batiks. Another thing from Friday's trip....we challenged each other to have a quilt entered in the show next year. There were quilts of every possible skill level and each of us could do as well if not better than maybe half that were shown. There were only a couple of the artsy quilts but many beautiful pieced and appliqués ones. There was a big auction of quilts on Saturday with the proceeds going to Mennonite relief. The main sponsor of the show is the quilt shop that is owned by Mennonites. Country folks preserving a way of life. I like that! I'd love to sew today but I have to put in some time in the garden. Don't think we're supposed to have rain. Have a good day, all!