View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 09:36 AM
Foxflower

Originally Posted by paulswalia View Post
well, I finally finished washing, drying and ironing everything. there's over 112 yards of fabric, flannel, one piece of denim and the rest is all quilting cotton. here's my question - is it really okay if I make super simple quilts to be donated to the charity I work for ( a battered woman's shelter) so that I can get some of this moved out of the house? I would maybe make some jelly roll race type quilts using fatter strips - about 3 inches or more. I would love to give my best work for this charity - but it takes too long. I'm considering also doing big blocks - like 8 inches or so to use up this new stash. Any thoughts?
I was just looking at a Pottery Barn catalog for quilt inspiration. They have a couple pretty quilts that are nothing but big blocks sewn together. The fabrics are bright florals of similar scale and a color plan. The quilting is super simple too. Take a look. You won't feel bad about donating a pretty and simple quilt when you see how much someone is willing to pay for a similar name brand quilt.