Old 04-29-2013, 11:14 AM
Foxflower

Originally Posted by Dedemac View Post
Foxflower,

I'm not a fabricaholic but real close. I just can''t throw away any scrap of fabric. I have sewn for over 30 years and have been just sticking it in boxes and paper bags upstairs. There were patterns that I liked so I bought them and some fabric too, but I never did make them. I decided to clean the second floor so I brought everything down and unpacked it. After bringing down 8 boxes and don't know how many bags I had a floor covered with a rainbow fabrics. I took a few pictures and have them on my phone to look at when I get tempted to add more fabric to it. Then I ironed everything and put it in zip lock bags to keep clean and organized. After you get off all the email lists. Hide your credit cards. If you need to get a fix limited it to a certain dollar amount. Like equal to the age of one child, or the day of the month. By the way have you ever tried to make a quilt with Velveteen? (I have 6 yards each of purple and emerald green!)
I haven't used velveteen, but I think it would go great in a crazy quilt! Do you have some silk, satin, and wool too?