Thread: how to starch?
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 01:27 PM
LivelyLady

Originally Posted by pocoellie View Post
I buy Sta Flo starch(concentrated) and mix 50/50 in a spray bottle, it's a whole lot cheaper than the starch in the cans. Any fabric I'm going to be working with, I spray it liberally then put in a plastic bag and let the starch soak into the fibers of the fabric for a minimum of 2 hours, then I take fabric out of the bag and either let air dry or stick in the drier for a few minutes, then I iron with no steam but do sometimes I do spray the fabric with a light mist of water. I spray the starch on the RIGHT side of the fabric and iron on the WRONG side. I think the "bumps" you're talking about are from the form of the ironing board, did you perhaps iron the fabric on most of the length of the ironing board? I usually only iron on the wide section of the board and haven't had a problem with "bumps". Maybe someone else will have more suggestions.
I use Sta Flo using 50/50, too. The only thing I do different is I spray the wrong side and then iron the right side. I've never had any flakes nor bumps either.