Old 04-29-2013, 01:44 PM
Phyllis42

We drove our motor home all around Alaska in 2000. It was the best trip I have ever had. Drive where you want, when you want. Pull over and park and eat lunch while viewing all the beautiful mountains. See the glaciers up close. Accidentally spent the night at a park and listened to the loons and watched the water fowls. Pulled over when a moose peeked her head out of the forest, then one baby, then another one. Wonderful pictures. Parked in the Kenai while DH fished ... I walked to town and saw another moose in the woods. Saw bear along the roads. Mountain goats were lying by the road and just looked at us. Driving up there thru Canada was awesome. Depends if you want to travel on your own time or do what the travel coordinators have planned. If you drive your self, make sure you buy the Alaskan Bible ... sorry I can't think of the correct name right now. It is a book written by a person who made the trip last year. Has routes, restaurants, construction, entertainment ... everything you need to know to drive Alaska. PM me if you wish. You can also fly to Alaska and rent a RV. If you drive yourself, some reservations need to be made up to a year ahead of time ... like the ferry to Kodiak Island. Homer is a great place to shop.

Last edited by Phyllis42; 04-29-2013 at 01:46 PM.