Old 11-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Well as everyone knows the flu bug has been cruising around and my family was not fortunate enough to miss it.

My daughter brought it home with her then I had it and then my wife. Just as I always do, I take care of everyone when they are sick and it was no different this time. But the other day I realized that "Hey my wifes birthday is tomorrow"!! :shock: I have been so involved in taking care of the family and running the house I almost forgot it.

Fortunately my wife is doing better and while she was napping I made a quick trip to the Hancocks and picked up yard of Purple solid fabric and 2 yards of poly batting all on sale I might add.

After returning home I checked in on her and slipped out to my studio in the back yard and started digging in my fabric stash. I picked out left overs from her sisters quilt because she likes Hummingbirds and flowers. Earlier this week I finished the top for the "Quilts for Kids" and my wife made a comment about how she liked the pattern. So I melded the two together and 10 hours later she had her quilt top finished!!

I have it in my studio right now quilting it, but she did have something to open for her birthday and she just kept on talking about how she loved it and could not believe I had time to make it for her.

I will post photos of it tomorrow sometime after I am done with the quilting, but it finished out to being 60"x 77" a perfect quilt for her to use when she is watching TV on the sofa.

Billy