Thread: Quilt Shows
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 09:49 PM
Gramie bj

I have never been to one of the really large shows, but the ones in our area usually charge an entry fee for the show, once your inside, after viewing the beautiful quilts you will want to view the vendors. you can purchase everything from needles for your domestic machine to Long arm's, Patterns, fabric, all the new gadgets, maybe even take in one of the mini classes some shows offer (cost differs from show to show). There are usually food concessions on hand too. Some times you get really good deal's other times it is the same price to order it on line. Remember whatever you buy you will have to take it home with you on the plane, (extra luggage cost) or have it shipped home (another expense). You can always pick up a card from the vendors and wright on the back what you are interested in. When you get home, away from all the excitement, you can order. I have found when I do this, I tend to rethink my options, in the long run I spend less even if I do have to pay shipping, and waite a couple of days. You will have a ball!! Take your camera, a picture is truly worth a thousand words!