View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 05:52 AM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

From what you wrote, you want to SELL it, not donate it. I would have a yard sale. Where I live quilters come from all over to a 'Quilter's Yard Sale' that's been advertised correctly and they sell out fast. Put an ad in the paper and set up tables and saw horses in your garage and be prepared ahead of time for the stampede.
I don't blame you for wanting to sell your things instead of donating. You spent a lot of money on everything. And yes, you don't get half what you paid for it, but you do make a nice tidy sum at the end of the day (or in a couple of hours).
You can always do an auction if you have a lot. Many people come to auctions. That is what my husband has been told to do with all my quilting stuff when I'm gone. I've gone to many auctions and hundreds of people show up and everything sells. If I were you, I would do this if you have enough to get rid of. You'd make the most money and get the most people. And while you're at it, you can go through you house and get rid of other things you don't want.