View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 07:33 AM
SteveH
Banned

so, it turns out that it is ok to say where he is in that photo.

It is overlooking Bäk, Khost Province Afghanistan.

GirlieGirl: you rock! I think we can get it done from this end but should the need arise, I will remember your offer!

I actually have the two old singers and I am pretty sure that the hand-cranks from those would work on a 99.

My daughter overheard me mentioning converting a 99 to handcrank and shipping it to my student overseas and she though I was referring to the new 99 she just bought from Cathy/Mizkaki! hehe she was not amused!!
(Cathy - after completing her first project on her new 99k she is in love with it and wants to sell the Riccar ZZ...)

Thanks everyone for the input. I e-mailed him about this thread and it really seemed to give him a lift that folks cared enough to help. he replied "tell them I said I really appreciate this! The whole unit will appreciate it. I'll probably end up the units "stitch bitch" (sorry, his words... I'm working on civilizing him... I replied to him that the word is "tailor")

Just out of curiosity, I asked him how many troops in his unit could run a sewing machine. Still awaiting a reply.