View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 07:40 AM
urgodschild2

Originally Posted by ctmhjenn View Post
To Okdarla and quilt addiction, I took the envelopes to the post office yesterday and mailed them...however....
If I mailed these as a "correspondence" envelope, it was 2.75 but if it is not correspondence, then it goes as a 'package', STILL in a regular envelope, it is $6.55. I am experiencing the same thing you other gals are doing. So, the wrinkle in this is...two of the clerks talked me into shipping them as correspondence, so the one to Australia was I believe $2.50 and the one to Canada was $1.30...now, IF...and I do want you to tell me, if they don't come back to me, that IF there was postage due, you will TELL ME and I will send you the money. I did not do this to make you pay the shipping, I am just testing the waters. I believe that this is still a correspondence as all that is in there is a quilt block, which goes for the same price in the states as a regular letter. I am dismayed, like the rest of you, of the cost to ship international. If I decide to do this again, I will have to reconsider. We have 3 ladies in this group that are international and I would love to hear how all of you feel about this. You have to pay to send to us too, and postage is not marked on my envelope. Please jump in on this, I would really like to know how you all feel. ctmhjenn
I was not given a choice on if it is correspondence or "package". They all felt the envelop and made the executive decision that because I had material in there that it was a package..thus the $6.55 fee. I even pressed the block down with the iron and put a sheet a paper around it. But to no avail.. I am going to try just sending them in the yellow envelops and seeing if that is different the next time.

Oh I love all the quilts so far. LOoking good and so much fun to see.

Barb