View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 10:17 AM
canuckninepatch

You are very fortunate. I also bought a kit from Keepsakes Quilting, and one of the fabrics they sent me was very different from the picture. In order to get the proper "value", they stated to use the wrong side of that fabric. It looked awful that way. I emailed them, and called them, to see if they had a fabric that was closer to the one in the picture, and they said "no, that was all we have." They said I could return the kit if I wished, but I had already cut out many of the pieces, and I was on a deadline, so I ended up using the fabric they sent, but used the right side of the fabric. It changed the look of the finished quilt, since the fabric had a darker look to it, and thus changed the value, but I figured that was better than using the wrong side of the fabric. I had mentally decided that I would never order from them again. Any comments? Should I reconsider?

Originally Posted by carolstickelmaier View Post
Keepsakes Quilting has always been good to me. I too, tend to buy kits and put them away for several years. The last one I knew I had made the first block but could not find it. I called and explained what had happened and asked if they had the pattern or any fabric that could work and I would be glad to pay for it. They replied "no problem and sent me a new complete block for replacement at no charge...Then another time (same company) I was shorted a fabric (no way could you cut four 1 1/2" strips from a five inch piece. They immediately sent more fabric with apologies. I would buy from them again just because of their service policy.