View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 12:33 PM
DeneK

Originally Posted by crideout View Post
I have the Janome 1600DB on a grace GMQ Pro. I do mostly meandering or pantograph. I do not FMQ so this is set up is really handy. I can load the sandwich in a relatively short time. If I have to stop, I can leave it without having to worry about the quilt sandwich wrinkling. I don't have the strain of moving material around my small DSM which is also a Janome. On the con side, I wish I had a larger throat because there are a limited number of pretty 4 inch panto patterns. I compensate for the throat space by only meandering 4 inches so the designs aren't larger at the beginning of the quilt than they are at the end. Since I enjoy the piecing more than the quilting, this system works well for me.

This pretty much says it for me too. I have a Janome 1600P which I use on an older model Handiquilter. Limited harp space to be sure. But since I CANNOT make a good quilt sandwich any other way, it works best for me on the frame. I still cannot do anything except meander. My Janome is my favorite piecing machine so it is a hassle to put it on the frame and then take it down. So I build up a few tops before tackling the quilting. Do I love it? No. But for now it is better than the alternative.