Old 04-30-2013, 01:16 PM
squires1042

A fact that is not true is that you cannot see glaciers from the land. At portage you can get very close to the glacier and then in Seward you can walk right up to the Glacier at Exit Glacier. There is also a rescue park at Girdwood that you can get very up close and personal with some of the wild animals in Alaska.

Originally Posted by flikkem View Post
[email protected]
This company provided us a free video of their Alaskan trip. We took it and were very very happy.
A number of people I spoke with who had taken this cruise regretted that they did not add the rail trip from Anchorage to Denali which was an optional part of this package. We took it and liked it. I particularly wanted to include Anchorage because I lived there many years ago and wanted to visit again. We were able to do that on this tour. You will not be able to get the fantastic glacier views by land that you can get by sea. We had a window in our cabin (you stay warm that way). This is one cruise that it's worth the extra money. Even in August it will be quite cool outside your cabin on a cruise ship. The cruise we took stopped at three Alaskan ports. We took optional land excursions at each one. The whale watching was our favorite. No experience with motor homes.