View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 01:48 PM
Sallyjane

I will see if I have any selvages left that would have the name of the line for the rainbow of colors I used. I bought a 1/4 yd of each color (I think there are 12 main colors), and within that 1/4 yd segment there were 3 lighter tints of the main color. Then the red batik I chose because I love red, and this red batik had a little of all the other colors to tie it all together. I took the red batik to my LQS to find a nice dark shade of red. That is what really helps to give it that 3D look. The striped binding (same fabric is reversed for the narrow band around my center medallion) I found somewhere else and it seemed to have lots of the same colors. This has been a several year process of collecting and experimenting. I have several medallions on the back that I auditioned and rejected I did not want to through them away or use them anywhere else, so they ended up on the back!
Originally Posted by Central Ohio Quilter View Post
Just beautiful! Do you know how many different color fabrics you used? Where did you find them all? We're the fabrics part of a collection, or did you find them in various places?

Wonderful quilt!

Not sure why this posted twice!