Old 04-30-2013, 02:27 PM
quiltdoctor

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Just got back from spending a wonderful two weeks in my home state of Texas. Went to see my wife's brother and family and attend a civil war reinactment. Best of all got to spend a few days with TX Jan and playing with her machines. I would like you members to know she is doing just fine. What a great time we had. After playing with all her nice machine she surprised me with a wonderful gift. A Frister and Rossmann HC. What a great Texas lady she is.
Hello everyone !! We did have a lot of fun and Skip and Pat are so nice!!! Skip got one of my Wheeler Wilson 8 machines up and running and my 1891 New Home sewing too. I picked his brain on what to do with each cabinet to get the best restoration and he fixed my Damascus parlor cabinet that had a problem with the bottom that cracked. Then he patched the foot treadle plate on my Wheeler Wilson 9 that is in the middle of being redone. My 1879 White VS 1 gave him fits until I realized I had written the wrong needle size down. I didn't have the correct one. Then we looked at his beautiful "fishy quilt" and some I had made and a few antique ones too. We were busy for those 2 days. I thank them so much for coming. I will still get my Davis Vertical feed from Jennb in the near future, but we just couldn't get everything done.
I am doing well, six months after my husbands death. It is quite an adjustment and seems I don't fine my way here as often as I should. I think about you all and will try to do better.

Texas Jan