View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 04:41 PM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by Sallyjane View Post
Good question, it is too late now...I washed it last night. There was a lot of chalk on it left over from my quilt markings, but I probably could have brushed it off. I used wool batting for the first time and was told that if I washed the quilt it would give the unquilted portions the look of Traptunto.
i saw this this a.m. and was thrilled to see it again over on qnm! i am a long time sally collins fan & an article by her that i saved fr a mag years ago says the same thing about using wool for her quilts. she says it has the "best memory" and your quilts almost look like they have been done w trapunto because the wool batt holds the loft of the quilt design. your quilt is absoluutely incredible. so glad it survived it's first wash! i have never used those blue markers, always chalk, that i remove when finished before washing. i have read too many times of the blue markers not coming out completely. i hand quilt my minis and sometimes larger quilts ... i would be so upset to have unremoveable marks after all my work was done.