Thread: Quilt Shows
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 05:34 PM
NikkiLu

My DD lives in Paducah (5 hours away from me) and I went to my first quilt show there 3 years ago. I did not really know what to expect. But I am SO GLAD that I went and have gone back 2 times since the first show. Yes, it is spread out more than it sounds like in Houston - so, if you don't have a car rental, then you probably better pick the Houston show. The quality of the quilts is so beyond my ability that I came home sort of depressed. My quilts are made to be used - the ones in the show are "works of art" and not made to be used but to be hung up on a wall. And like the above poster, there are very few "bargains" to be purchased at the vendor's alley. But, so much fun to see what all is new. I was amazed at all of the fat quarters this year for sale - guess it is easier for a vendor to bring a box full of fat quarters than to lug around full bolts and then to have room enough to cut them for the customers. So, if you are looking for "food" fabric, or animal fabric, or whatever theme that you need, you will find it at a big quilt show that has lots of vendors. I would give myself a good two or three days to "see it all". You just cannot do it all in one day. HTH