View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 10:15 PM
newbiequilter58

Thank you to everyone for welcoming me. I noticed in the last few days have several from Oklahoma joining. Hopefully some are in the Tulsa area and we can meet sometime in the future... at a local quilt shop
I've picked out a first pattern to make my DD a quilt for her future house when she moves in a year to go to RN school. She has to get into and through LPN school first
The pattern is Water Lillies off the Quick Quilts website. The blocks are 10.5 x 10.5 with two smaller borders and a wide outer border. Should be fairly straightforward. I don't think the finished quilt size matches with the cutting instructions and assembly diagram... the finished size says 85 x 96.5, but the assembly diagram shows 88 x 88. I may wait to cut the borders after I finish piecing the blocks together.
She is a VB junkie, loves Ellie Blue. I have fabric in her pattern, just need the coordinating colors for the sashing and block borders. She's already requested curtains and pillowcases to match. Good thing the website I ordered the fabric from has more in stock! I know I'm already going to have to order more for the quilt backing, so I guess I'm off to a good start....LOL