View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 04:39 AM
aborning

Originally Posted by HillCountryGal View Post
Hummmm... nothing else to work on AND now your's is under a pile of other quilts???

I'd definately give her a call and explain you have a deadline. If she can't do it, you need to know.

I've done alterations for folks for years and would never promise something and not deliver. That's just good business!
I agree with giving her an immediate call. Call her and remind her that when you dropped the first quilt off--she said she did not have anything else to work on and yet when you went there 3 weeks later, she had a different quilt on the frame. Give her a deadline of having it done within a week. I do LAQ for customers (plus I work a full time job outside of the home) and I always give my customers an approximate deadline--and I adhere to it. I am always thinking about customer service and want repeat customers. I live in a rural area and do my LAQ business solely by word-of-mouth and it helps me support my children in college so to me it is exremely important to give my customers great customer service and complete satisfaction so that they continue to use me as there LAQ and so that they tell others. Giving good customer service is basically"free advertising" for your business. If I went to a LAQ and got the treatment you are getting from your LAQ, I would definitely be telling everyone I know--not to go to that LAQ. Good luck.